long weekend milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwrunt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
its been a while since i posted or even started my mill but heres our weekends work. my fiance and i spent the weekend milling the logs we pulled from our property and our getting things ready to start building our new house.We are doing this while living in a rv and supplied with power from a wind generator and solar panels. i will try to keep updating as we progress. After our house is finished we plan on building six solar powerd cabins to place down by the river to rent to campers and fisher men

Looking good!

As you have a skid steer with grapple etc, time to upgrade to a bsm. Its a jump in cost but your gas savings alone make it worthwhile. But remeber to keep your csm, you will need it again.

ya i wush i could but no time rite now. i am collecting parts to build a bsm but getting a roof over our head is more important rite now. i built the grapple from scrap i collected as well as all my skidsteer atachments. the whole grapple was biult from wide flange i beam a cut the webs out of and welded back together.
the bsm will come in handy later as we have 70 acres of trees to cut

From what I could see, that's a nice looking grapple. Looks like you're working with some pretty good-size logs. I've got to agree, though that a band mill would save you a lot of time.

Cool pics and project. Please keep us updated. My wife & I plan on doing the same thing, building a cabin while living out of the RV, and then building a few small cabins. The small cabins will mostly be for our own use. We want to buy little pieces of property around the country & put cabins on them so we have a place to travel around to, all to ourselves, and family. I have a BSM, and am nervous about the endeavor. I'd likely chicken out if I only had a CSM. Again, very cool project :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back