Looking for 063 325 67dl bar for Husky 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frogfarmer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has tried a small mount stihl bar for the 021-250 series on a Husky saw. I have over a dozen Stihl chains for the 16" commercial mount and want to run the same chains on everything. By the numbers the homeowner mount Stihl bars in the 18" call for 1 more drive link than the 16" commercial mount and have the 8mm slot the Husky needs. Now before you throw me under the bus the Huskies are my loner saws so I dont have to send out one of my good saws. The current stable is all stihl equipment and I dont have any of the homeowner bars to give a try. Modification of the bar would not be a problem just looking for options to keep down the confusion and spare parts.

Someone is bound to have at least tried to fit the small Stihl mount on the small Husky mount just for lack of something better to do. Still looking for opinions.

The small mount Stihl bars always are quite a bit shorter than "called", and the 18" ones use the same dl count as 16" medium mount ones. The slimmer profile far from makes up that difference.

That aside, I have read that the small mount Stihl bars don't work on a small Husky mount saw - but I don't remember what the reason is - maybe the oiler hole (can be fixed)?

Also, Husky often use a larger spacing between the bar bolts (a good thing for stability), so the slot may have to be lengthened on a Stihl bar.

I don't have any small mount Stihl bars, so I don't really know - this is just suggestions.

Btw, what Husky saws are you talking about?

Thanks ST thats what I was looking for. Wanting to put it on a Husqvarna 55. Looks like Im going to have to get my hands on one and give it a try. I might just sell the saws and be done with the whole mess. The 058 bars on the saws have always been a problem for me to get good chains locally. The chains I have currently are pretty well used up so its buy new chains or get different bars and use the chains I stock. If these saws werent tough as nails I would have sold them off long ago but they refuse to die even in the hands of a novice.

Well I just checked the Oregon catalog, they have a lifesize sihloettes of the bars to compare, they should mount OK, you just need to drill a
hole for the oil.

Latest posts

Back