Looking for a bar for 262xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have searched the internet and am going to talk to my dealer, but as of yet have been unable to find what I want! I am looking for a 20" 3/8x.063 guide bar for my 262xp so I can use the Stihl chains I already own, am I SOL?
I see Cannon makes an adaptor to use Stihl bars on Husky saws, but cannot find that either, am I missing something here? HELP!!!!!!
Thank you,
Andy

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
i can allready tell you the cannon adapter wont fit your saw. i bought one for a 181/288 and the studs were too close together to fit the adapter. after 3 calls to cannon and showing them picture proof, they finally beleived me. they first claimed it should fit! i can get you the GB made adapters.

my GB catalog lists a 3x8x.050 and .058 20" bar with 72DL for that bar mount, should be able to get that in .063 also but i cant say for sure without a call in to them and they are closed on weekends.

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
That would be most excelent NWCS:bowdown: The problem I have is I now own four chainsaws with no compatability at all between them! The 262 is very equivilant to my 390, or better? and I have a butload of brand spankin new chains that I just purchased this season and it would be very nice not to have to buy more for the same size saw/bar combo again, this is getting expensive!!!!!! I just checked the boxes it is 36RM 72 D/L so that is exactly what I am after and would not mind paying for that!!!!!! But paying $53 for a new bar then having to buy more loops of chain etc............. The bar on the saw is TOAST!!!
Thank you in advance,
Andy

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
OK, i will try to appaese the masses here. Yes, I got a good deal on the saw, but I just bought a buttload of chain for ny 390, no I didn't do enough research, no I didn't plan on buying the 262 but the deal fell in my lap. I have spent entirely way too much money on my splitter (pics to come) and my wife, rightfully so, is starting to have a come-appart!!!!!!! Yes... I am trying to save a few bucks, sue me, you can have half of what I owe!!!!!! Otherwise I have had enough crap from other people, don't need it here as well!!!!!!!!!!!!
Either offer reasonable suggestions, or ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andy

Latest posts