Looking for a gently used Stihl 660 or a Husky 395 xpg for sale. Anyone selling one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Goodwin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to buy a gently used Stihl MS 660 OR a Husky 395 XP OR XPG at a reasonable price in the CT/neighboring area. I am hoping that the integrity of this forum will keep people from trying to sell me a lemon . . . If anyone has one of these saws (preferably with a 28"-32" bar) for sale, please feel free to respond. Pics of it would be even better. Thank You. -Dave from New England.

There is a nice 066 in the trading post. It is a little ways from your area though.
Not a bad idea to include rebuilt/good condition 394/066's. Many feel the 394 is torquier than the 395 and most feel the 660 was not an improvement on the 066

I'm going all Stihl and this is my only Husky left. The bar is 36" long. Comes with. Brand new chain and a used one.

I'm going all Stihl and this is my only Husky left. The bar is 36" long. Comes with. Brand new chain and a used one.

How much are you looking to sell it for, and is there anything at all wrong with it?

BTW, all my saws are stihl . . . I have just heard that the 395 xp may be a better choice than the stihl 660 as the 395 has a better oiler and outboard clutch.

How much are you looking to sell it for, and is there anything at all wrong with it?

BTW, all my saws are stihl . . . I have just heard that the 395 xp may be a better choice than the stihl 660 as the 395 has a better oiler and outboard clutch.

Well, you can "hear' a lot of ****. Maybe you need to get your big boy pants on and figure out something for yourself.

Well, you can "hear' a lot of ****. Maybe you need to get your big boy pants on and figure out something for yourself.

You sir, are an ass! Just because a person gathers information and opinions from others doesnt make them a child. Thats what much of this forum is about . . . sharing information. It DOES make sense to ask others for their experience before spending 1200 dollars on what could be an inferior saw.

You're the kind of person that goes out and sticks your hand in a fire to see how it works arent you??

To avoid a Stihl husky fight, the prior info given to the OP was with respect to stumping. I'd rather pack a 660 all day than a 395, but milling and stumping is definitely the 395's strong suit
Thanks Husk! This is my primary use for this saw. Every once in a while, Ill use it for bucking up some big oak, but other than that, I use an old 390, and a 261 for anything under 20 inches.

You sir, are an ass! Just because a person gathers information and opinions from others doesnt make them a child. Thats what much of this forum is about . . . sharing information. It DOES make sense to ask others for their experience before spending 1200 dollars on what could be an inferior saw.

You're the kind of person that goes out and sticks your hand in a fire to see how it works arent you??

Suck it up buttercup

FWIW i had a 660 and hated it, it was a heavy turd so i sold it after about a week and bought a 390xp and couldn't have been happier. Your mileage may vary.

Don't know where you are but I have a 066 for sale. Runs good. Am willing to ship it. You can see it on the ashtabula ohio Craigslist.

Back