Looking for a good book on tree pruning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhoj

Reaction score
I am looking for a good book on tree pruning, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:blob5:

Shigo

Some of these pros may have a a better idea but I learned a lot from Alex Shigo's books. These include advice which most here take for granted, make cuts only at ndes, no tipping or topping, no more than 30% crown reduction, no spikes etc. Cheap and informative. If it has been replaced or superseded someone here will surely let you know.

Try Horticultural sources...

The Grafters Handbook, R.J. Garner. Published in Association with The Royal Horticultural Society.

This book goes into many facets of prunning not covered by any Arborist publication that I know of, remember horticultural practices have been around for alot longer than Arboricultural teachings...

There are many, many other authors outside the realm of Arboriculture whom have been writing about prunning techniques for longer and more vigorously than all or any of the supposed heroes of Arboriculture, dont be blinded by the hype...

Practice your own techniques and journal them, every perspective enlightens us all...

Back