Looking for a manual for a Craftsman 358.355061 16" Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yowood

Reaction score
Sorry, I am a newbie and resurrected my Dad's old craftsman.
Looking for a manual on tightening my new chain and general operation...
I have put the chain on but the tightening screw next to the bar really doesn't adjust...
I cut a few times but have to think that I will toast the new chain quicker if not adjusted properly.
I know this is a toy compared to others but the saw has sentimental value.
I lost my Dad in March...
Thanks in advance
If you want to email me with any info I can be reached at [email protected]
Woody

Fish,
Thanks but the first thing I did was loosen the one bar nut and tried manipulating the screw.
I know the scew is a tighten adjust so I tried it loose First...
Any specific threads to read...Again sorry if I am sounding Naive.
Thanks Again
Woody

Remove the bar nut, and the screw in the rear and remove the cover. Look at the
gizmo that the screw goes into, and see if it is all of the way toward the front of the
saw. Turn the screw counter-clockwise, and see if it goes backwards without
binding. Once you do this, you will see how it works. If it is all of the way to the end of the saw, then you either need to remove a link from your chain, or your bar is splitting at the nose, and needs replacing, or both

You are very welcome here, and almost everybody here will be glad to help.
If you read these posts, and detect a lot of fighting and animosity, that is just testosterone poisoning, as we are all afflicted.

Go to www.sears.com On the left side of page select "order your parts". From the page that comes up you can type in model number or in the other box, type in the part number for the operators manual. Your saw uses operators manual 530-066646. It lists it for $3.99. The saw was made by Poulan and you will find alot of the sears part numbers for the saw are also the Poulan part number. Hope this helps. I to have a saw that was my dads and it has sentimental value far beyond the real world value

LMAO at the testosterone comment !!!!
I just got in from the garage and saw your comments and thanks...
I had already taken the cover off and inspected the "gizmo" up close.
The gizmo was in the middle of the thread butthe thread was BENT in the middle.
That explains why when I was trying to adjust the screw it was binding and wouldn't move...
I cut the head off because I didn't want to strip the gizmo threads and removed the threaded bar and nut.
Now I really need to find a parts manual for a replacement part number.
I just want to let you know I am no smo and didn't try to figure it out on my own !!!!
Thanks Fish and can anyone help with a manual and parts catalog?
Thanks Again in advance
Woody

Mind you, this is my 2,000th thread, but anyway, just go to the hardware store for now and get a replacement screw to get you by. Go to www3.sears.com for a parts blowup.

Fish, Ray and the Gang
Thanks so much for all the info...I am replacing the screw, nut and gizmo and picking up a manual as well from Sears...
I promise that I will "get onboard" with a higer quality saw once Dad's bites the dust...(Then I will keep on rebuilding it and have two)
Thanks to everyone and I will now begin the "learning process"
Regards,
John aka Woody

Back