• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Looking for a pole saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's fine here :).
They do sell sometimes, but there are a lot more rear handled saws than top handled or pole saws so they will be harder to find. Scouring craigslist on a normal basis will help you to find one. They often sit for a bit before selling in my area. Is that your ad on Craigslist looking for one, if not a want ad on Craigslist is a good idea, as is calling the guy who has that ad and asking if he has had any results as well as referring any he's not interested in to you.
Good luck with your search.

The used ones on CL I've seen want too close to new $$ I rented an Echo that worked well.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I too have been looking for a pole saw and considered throwing a wtb ad up on this site but as mentioned the shipping is off putting to many people. There have been some that have come through. I just search craigslist, which sometimes tends to produce.

If u don't plan to use it often. I would just go to harbor freight and buy their pole saw and use a 20% coupon. But if going to be use alot then best to keep looking.

I don't know if you have a weed eater, but the Trimmer Plus stuff has a pole saw attachment, it's been pretty good for me. Adjustable oiler too.

if wanting stihl, and going off what decksetter said, have you looked at the stihl KM setup?

I bought a non running km110 for about $175 (including shipping and a pole saw attachment). But before it arrived, a km130 popped up locally. I went, and bought the km130 for the extra power and because the pole saw said it was used once. Both came with the pole saw attachment.
I just went out and bought the fiberglass middle extension for extra reach.
Works awesome! Highly recommend it. Although the extension and the attachment saw would get annoying if it was something I'd be using everyday. But for a few times a year, works great. No complaints.
Than with the km series, i also have the option to buy future attachments (would love to find the sweeper or broom cheap one day lol). Although right now my only attachments are 2 pole saws lol. to go with the 1 working km130, and a still unfixed km110. haha.

if you can find these used, depending on your needs, is a great cost cutting alternative. (if sole purpose is pole saw, id avoid the km55/56).
my 0.02

yup, the trimmer Plus stuff with the Toro powerhead from Home Depot makes a pretty decent combo, and can be found pretty cheep!
I've been running a Troybilt 4 stroke for 5 years of home use. I really like it a lot. Nice and quiet, plenty of power, no mixing gas, starts easy.

I've been running a Troybilt 4 stroke for 5 years of home use. I really like it a lot. Nice and quiet, plenty of power, no mixing gas, starts easy.
got 18-19 years (including one year doing 8-10 yards/week) out of my 33cc Ryobi powerhead that I picked up a bunch of the attachments for. If I had been patient, I could probably fix that and continue running it, but I found the Toro with a better trimmer head crazy cheap as a return at my local HD. I would trust a Troybilt, too.

I'm sure that the Troy's and Ryobi work, but in my opinion dont compare to the Stihl or an Echo. I owned a both of those and when I came across the Stihl, I sold the echo almost immediately (with the 4 foot attachment). The Echo is much heavier and awkward to use compared to the Stihl and I don't have to put the four foot extension on the Stihl. My vote when looking is get the Stihl, you won't be disappointed. (If your doing home small/lower work, go with the others that were suggested)

The saw is for a friend who has around 3 wooded acres in town on hilly terrain. So he may be looking for reach but he's also looking for quality and lightness (he looked at some other pole saw -maybe a poulan? and thought it was way too heavy). Plus, I'll likely look after the saw for him some and I know my way around Stihls better than anything else(though I'm not a saw mechanic or anything).

I get your point re: shipping. Thanks for all the solid advice. I'll take it to heart.

Hi I bought a echo polesaw .. from Nate ..
@fordf150 ... It's the 280 echo with a 4 foot extension for the reach ... Extends to 16 foot with the extension... A very dependable unit made in the usa.
Ty
Nate for assisting me on this saw .

Hope this helps guys ..
Chris

I have a HT 131 is is bad#$$!

I looked for a good while.
All the used ones were close to new price or really rough looking.

So I bought a new one.

But now that I have one you should find a good deal..... LOL

Back