Looking for a Wood furnace...Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if you seen this memoramdom (attached I hope) or not. In one test, turning the draft inducer on and off every few minutes as you quoted, was actually turned on 317 minutes into the test. But I think that test was invalidated. I don't know if any of these stoves in real life circumstances will do any better than the stoves that passed the test 3 years ago or 15 years ago. All three wood furnaces available are not very efficient at their lowest output, as far as the delivered eficiency, through the duct work in other words. Any overheating issue would have to be operator error and almost purposefully and I believe and I think the h y - c models have the biggest circulation blower (1500-1800 cfm) so they should keep the fire box cooler. I tried to read everything available before I bought mine (SF 1000e). I think there's been a exceptions and problems with ever furnace tested, they're supposed to be 4 tests at different outputs and I know one of them they made 10 runs on it, and picked out the ones they used for the test report. The approved EPA wood furnace list has changed a couple times in the last 3 weeks or so, don't know exactly what's going on with that? Sometimes their math doesn't add up to me. Mine went from 60 to 40 to 70% efficiency? And I'll be very happy with that. I'm very happy with mine and can't believe there can be any chance of overheating unless you leave the doors open.

Attachments

• MEMORANDUM-RE__-Hy_C-Certification-Test-Concerns_MTG-Review-of-Lab-Responses.pdf
    266.7 KB · Views: 5
Back