looking for bar and chain combo 272xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purcell

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just got a 272 xp powerhead and now I need a good bar and chain combo for constant firewood cutting. (maple, cherry)Can some1 recomend one and where to get it as I dont know anything about pitch gauge or link numbers its all greek to me.
All I know is I want a 20 inch bar. And would like to try the carbide chain as it needs less sharpining and supposedly lasts longer between sharpenings. Thanks,
Mike

Talk to Ben at NWCS, he is a site sponser and has a link from the main page, had reall good dealings with him myself.
Andy

Welcome to the site! :cheers:

Here is an Operator Manual, just in case you need it. It says something about bar and chain, but not much - H42 chain is the same as Oregon 73LP, and a very good chain.

One option is to use the Oregon selector guide, and focus on the .058 or .050 options of Super 70 chain, and Power Match or Pro-lite bars.

Last edited:
purcell said:
thanks for the info. much apreciated.
Mike
Another options is to go to a Husky dealer and ask for 20" H42/73LP chain and a suitable bar with large Husky mount.
The bar options that Husky offers in the US are the same Oregon bars mentioned above, but with a Husky logo.

Latest posts

Back