Looking For Big Chainsaw bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tooljim

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i just got a 390xp with a 32" bar and looking for a 44" bar or a 50" bar does any one have one i can buy from them or no were i can get one for my saw and that i dont have to spend a lot let me no thank you jim

Ive never saw a 44" bar. I have saw a 42" bar and that would be really asking the 390xp for alot. I think the oiler is only rated for 36" MAX. 50" bar on the 390xp is wayyyyyy to big.

A 390 is going to be lacking oil over 36". I tried a 41" on a 390 once. A 395 is better suited for anything from 36" to 42". I wouldn't put a 50" on anything smaller than a 3120 in the modern huskies.

Not to bring up an old thread but how well did the 390 do with a 41"? Want to use a 42" on my 390 to mill the occasional 30-36" log
A 390 is going to be lacking oil over 36". I tried a 41" on a 390 once. A 395 is better suited for anything from 36" to 42". I wouldn't put a 50" on anything smaller than a 3120 in the modern huskies.[/QUOT

They do ok with a 41". I noodled some sycamore with a 50" once. It plugged up too bad. It oiled it better than expected. I milled some cherry 27" wide with one and a 36" bar. 9' long cuts were 2 tanks of fuel per cut.

That's awesome to know...I have a 36" mill and want the full cut occasionally usually use a 28"to mill with...so it has the power then to pull 42" even if a little slow. Figure a 3/8 .063 full skip and Aux oiler for sure would help some.
They do ok with a 41". I noodled some sycamore with a 50" once. It plugged up too bad. It oiled it better than expected. I milled some cherry 27" wide with one and a 36" bar. 9' long cuts were 2 tanks of fuel per cut.

Just get an aux oiler as a lot of the oil don't make it around the tip. None of mine were stock so I can't say for sure how it will pull a 42". They were fuel hogs but they pulled them good.

Latest posts

Back