Looking for chips in Tacoma, WA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlndocs

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been looking for wood chips to use in my garden for two months now and called at least a dozen tree services in my area and no luck! Several places took my name and number but never called back and I'm left mulchless.

I'd really really like some clean chips of reasonably uniform size. Cedar chips are fine but so are virtually any other species. Yes, I can accept a whole load, I have a driveway to pile them in and enough projects to use 'em up.

I am in N. Tacoma.

Thanks,
Kristin

Glad to see you are persisting.

Anyone else on the forum have any leads?

Know of a good source like a tree company in that Tacoma area? Know any forman of a utility line clearing company?

Kristen...

If, or until someone else posts, how about going to the ISA website at...

International Society of Arboriculture

You click the first page to enter.

In the menu - left - there is an option to find Certified Arborists in your area. Do a search by zip code, and enter zip codes of the cities immediately next to your area too. A few arborists are located on that site's listing that may not be in the phone book. Just like here, near Medford / Jacksonville, Oregon. One of the better services is on the ISA site, but I couldn't find his number in the phone book or any directory.

Anyhow, many Certified Arborists take pride in their work as well as their equipment. It's a good bet that the chipper will be maintained well enough to produce decent chips instead of junk.

Last edited:
girlndocs said:
Hi,

I have been looking for wood chips to use in my garden for two months now and called at least a dozen tree services in my area and no luck! Several places took my name and number but never called back and I'm left mulchless.

I'd really really like some clean chips of reasonably uniform size. Cedar chips are fine but so are virtually any other species. Yes, I can accept a whole load, I have a driveway to pile them in and enough projects to use 'em up.

I am in N. Tacoma.

Thanks,
Kristin

Welcome to the site!

Kristin, call the companies that took your name and remind them you still want chips. We have an organized method of getting our chips to people, but sometimes it takes a while to fill their order. It all depends on where in the county we are working, what we are chipping ect, but the old saying that the squeeky wheel gets the attention holds true!

Latest posts

Back