• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold looking for large displacement saw for milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a large displacement saw.
I have my head set on a 395xp or 3120. .... but that does not mean anything as I'm new to this.
Just need a good running saw with a bunch of life left in it.
Have a couple med/large clear red cedars I just put on the ground and another half dozen that will come down during a future build out.
Will set up with a 36" Alaska style mill.
I understand some big displacement saws sit around a bit out of weight concerns.
Maybe someone wants to sell one that is not getting much use.
If you have a complete mill set up I may be interested in that as well.

I'm new on this board and a wood stairbuilder by trade not a sawyer.
Have plenty of feedback on ebay and elsewhere online.
Would paypal anyway or do cash local (near Duval, Washington State).
Please send PM if you have something that might work.
Thanks!
Andy

Have a Jonsered 2083 (the Partner/Poulan Pro one, 82? CC)

Have a 288XP. Has aftermarket cylinder/piston. Did use it for a while after rebuild this fall. It was getting fussy. Bought a carb and crank seal for it, haven't had a chance to work on it.

Just let me know. Shipping wouldn't be too horrible to WA, maybe $40-50.

Looking for a large displacement saw.
I have my head set on a 395xp or 3120. .... but that does not mean anything as I'm new to this.
Just need a good running saw with a bunch of life left in it.
Have a couple med/large clear red cedars I just put on the ground and another half dozen that will come down during a future build out.
Will set up with a 36" Alaska style mill.
I understand some big displacement saws sit around a bit out of weight concerns.
Maybe someone wants to sell one that is not getting much use.
If you have a complete mill set up I may be interested in that as well.

I'm new on this board and a wood stairbuilder by trade not a sawyer.
Have plenty of feedback on ebay and elsewhere online.
Would paypal anyway or do cash local (near Duval, Washington State).
Please send PM if you have something that might work.
Thanks!
Andy
Welcome to the site Andy. Posts like yours don't get much action. It's likely because people who do have interest in buying a saw usually take the time to brows the saws that are already available in the trading post. Throwing up a post asking for a mill saw without providing any basic info for what your looking for makes people feel like your lazy. It could be interpreted that way.

It may help you to tell us what your price point is. There are plenty of 3120 for sale on the site currently (at least 2 to choose from currently). If that doesn't meet your fancy you have several older power house saws to choose from. There a 90G for sale which is a big huge torque monster but selling price is listed at $1400. Or there's a Homelite 2100 for $600 which would be a great mill saw.

Take some time to brows the available saws. If you have questions about the seller just ask. Most of us thst have been around here a while will be quick to speak up and let you know they are a good standing member or not.

Good luck with your search.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/homelite-2100s.319349/

Ive got a clean 045 super, one family owned, local saw. wasn't used commercially believe it or not. Its 87cc and tons of toque. 32" bar. Pretty cheap milling saw..

Pm me if interested.

There are brand new 3120's on EBay for $1399 + $99 shipping. Also Madsens in Centralia has excellent saw prices. It's probably worth you time to check them out, seriously.

Latest posts

Back