Looking for Olympyk 264 piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slaid

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was given a nice Olympyk 264. Saw looks very nice and I thought I had a real treasure, but took the muffler off and it has a scored piston. I am having a hard time locating a piston. My question is will a Oly 261 piston work for me, I have located one off them. Seems to be the same saw, same cc's, and a 47mm piston with the 264 having an upgraded anti-vibe system. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dunno about the 261 piston, but any Efco dealer should be able to set you up with an OEM piston.

IPL's are available online Efco IPLs

If there is no dealer in your neighborhood, AS has at least 2 members who are dealers, Olyman and Grande Dog (Baileys).

Dunno if any of the Meteor or Espian pistons would fit the 264. Sometimes you can find one that has equivalent specs even though it is not advertised to fit.

I have 3 Efco dealers within 30 miles and I had no idea. Dealer said he should be able to get me a piston but couldn't tell me a price. He has to check his distributor. Might not be worth the overhaul.

search olympyk: others have needed parts and gotten responses right here.

http://www.arboristsite.com/search.php?searchid=3855540

EFCO/Olympik doesn't have a strong web presence, so you might not be able to see IPL's and parts prices from the comfort of your computer chair. The Efcopower site doesn't even list the 264F IPL (as well as some others) for public consumption, but that was a popular saw in the '90's; I'd be amazed that a reasonably good dealer parts dept couldn't help you.

mtngun, I couldn't get your link to work and searched the Bailey's online and cant find the piston but I can just call Bailey's if they beat the dealers price. thanks for your help

Back