• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Looking for Stihl 084 air filter mounting bracket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawcanuck

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking for the bracket that the air filter attaches to (with the single bolt in the center). It is # 9, 10 and 11 (x2) in the diagram below.
#9 is 1124 120 4100
#10 is 1124 122 6605
#11 is 1124 141 8300
Thanks!

20171121_121959_resized.jpg

Stihl searching. Anybody have one of these laying around? It appears that #9 (1124 120 4100) refers to the whole assembly.

Hey Sawcanuck,

I asked my local dealer (Belgium) to check availability and STIHL replied with "momentarily out of stock." That either means No Longer Available or We Know a Guy Who Knows a Guy. The only way to know for sure is to place an order and wait. Would you like me to do that for you?

Hi Arboriginal! Sorry for the slow reply and thank you so much for taking the time to investigate. I thought I had found something and I was waiting to get it to see if it worked out before I replied to you. It was the other version of the filter base (#8 in the diagram above) that has the filter mounting baffle built in. I guess it combines #7 and #9 into one assembly. Anyway, I bought and received it and it mounts fine but does not work with my carburetor unfortunately. My carb has an outlet on the bottom and this filter base does not accommodate it.
So I am back looking for 1124 120 4100. I found a business online that listed it on their inventory. I have inquired and requested shipping. I will see what comes of this. If you are able to ask your dealer if he could order it without committing (yet) that would be great. If he has to place the order then maybe hold off to see if this other lead pans out.
Thanks again!

I'd have to order it in order (ha) to know if it's available or not, STIHL doesn't take items back or they charge for it. I tried to cancel an order once and my dealer told me that wasn't possible, so I'll wait till you get a message back from the business you found. When I asked for your part I listed some other part numbers too and they told me the fleece air filter with part number 1124 120 1602 was still available, so if you need that too, look no further.

But another, much simpler option for you might be to just order another end cover for your carburetor. As far as I know, what that outlet on the bottom does is compensating for a dirty air filter. If you plan on keeping yours clean there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to use the closed version. The closed end cover for the HT-7A carburetor has part number 1124 121 0801

Back