Looking for used Rigging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnVander

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm still doing the rope over the branch technique and want to have more options. If you have safe serviceable rigging gear that is collecting dust, or you would like to upgrade, I'm buying.

Thanks
John

I wouldnt suggest buying anything to do with rigging used from an arborist especially. No telling what kind of load was on that stuff before you bought it go new and save time money and headaches in the long run.

i use to rock climb every day and that was the big no no
you have know idea what they have done with the stuff in the past

Thanks for the responses guys, and since I've got your attention, do you think building my first rigging setup around 5/8 bull rope a good way to start? I'll be using the equipment to lower branches out Doug Firs, Cottonwoods, and Maples, pulling over trees, occasionally lowering blocks. I figure that I need a 200' bull rope, one large porta-wrap, two woopie slings, a heavy duty block, some steel biners, and a come-along. Would that be a good starter setup? What should I add or delete.

Thanks
John

I got a 150' 5/8" bull rope and it always seems to be plenty leftover. Especially when I'm winding it up at the end of a job! But thats here in Ioway and our trees dont seem to be as big as out in your neighborhood.

rigging

JohnVander said:
Thanks for the responses guys, and since I've got your attention, do you think building my first rigging setup around 5/8 bull rope a good way to start? I'll be using the equipment to lower branches out Doug Firs, Cottonwoods, and Maples, pulling over trees, occasionally lowering blocks. I figure that I need a 200' bull rope, one large porta-wrap, two woopie slings, a heavy duty block, some steel biners, and a come-along. Would that be a good starter setup? What should I add or delete.

Thanks
John
call sean a wesspur.com 800.268.2141 he climbs out there plus they left over odd length ropes you can buy they custom spliced a large whoopie for me because i had an old monster 1 in 80,000 lb hobbs block. talk to them man you'll get a climber thats been there on the phone.

Back