looking for wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docbess

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i am looking for any kind of wood for my outdoor wood furnace. i am located in stockton, nj.....just 10 min. north of new hope on the jersey side.....any info. would be great

call your local tree service places. often they have wood they need to get rid of, and since you said any kind, they'd probably dump alot on your front lawn.

been there done that

already called most........most never called back and some said they use most of their wood to sell as firewood....i'll have to keep trying

Look in the yellow pages for medal fab shops. Call and ask if they have any big pallets that the medal comes in on. These are about 120'x48' and are made of 4x4 hardwood. I have burnt over 500 in my OWB. they make for a hot fire and make the best coal bed you can have.

Watch for nails when cutting them up.....:chainsaw:

Last edited:
loking for wood

keep an eye out for asphlund cutting trees on the side of the road . they leave it where it falls , ask the land owner before you take though . look for saw mills in your area they usually give the slabs away . also try the local lumber yards .I know the local Whipple's lumber yard will give away all the cutoff's (small pieces of wood) sometimes if you are located close enough they will evan deliver it for free. since you have a out door unit you can burn pine also look for a local pallet manufacture they would give the wood they cannot use away ,

good luck

The timing might not be helping you but don't give up. Seems like everybody is now looking for wood.

Anyway here are few pics of the wood that I was able to have dropped off. The tree guy was working in the neighborhood walked over and asked what was going to happen to the wood? Asked him if he or the homeowner wanted it? Then asked if he could drop it off? No problem......

Ya just can't get real picky but I insist on only oak.

Remember a case of beer goes a long way......

View attachment 59984

View attachment 59985

I have a small tree business in Phillipsburg NJ. If you want to PM me your address, I can drop off wood cut to firewood length if I am in the area and have some to get rid of. I don't do the firewood thing, so I am willing to give it up.

Back