Looking for Woodmizer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shopteacher

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,
Newbie here. I came across your forum in a search for a used woodmizer and liked the tone of the forum and the information posted.
I just sold my woodmizer the other day and I'm now looking for a replacement. I'm looking to upgrade from a LT 40 hyd to a LT 40 super or a LT 70. If any of you fine folks have one for sale or know of one I'd really appreciate hearing from you.
I hope to be able to provide some useful info from time to time and know I will gain a lot just from what I've read so far.
Thanks everyone.

When is the best time to cut a tree for lumber

Hello, Shopteacher

When do think is the best time of year to cut a tree down for lumber?

The trees are Oak.

thank you,

Christian

Dang, i would kill for a LT40 Hyd.....oh well it's always nice to dream..........
RD

Christian
In my opinion I think the best time is between fall and spring. The sap is down and the tree dormant. However, I cut them down or retrieve them when I can. I get most of my trees from tree services for hauling them away. I get mostly pine or fir, but now and then some oak, hickory, maple, sassafras, cherry, and some odd and ends.

Wassup! There was a a 70 and a 40 super both on the WM used mills site the other day...

you might talk to Marty Parsons...he is the PA MD VA woodmizer rep...sometimes they know of folks looking to upgrade or just sell mills...

Motor...i know what you mean...I love the 15, but I'd kill for some hydraulics..
specially after humping all those 16' 2x10s last night....

Wassup! There was a a 70 and a 40 super both on the WM used mills site the other day...

you might talk to Marty Parsons...he is the PA MD VA woodmizer rep...sometimes they know of folks looking to upgrade or just sell mills...

Motor...i know what you mean...I love the 15, but I'd kill for some hydraulics..
specially after humping all those 16' 2x10s last night.

You aren't complaining already are you???:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You aren't complaining already are you???:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

A #####in' sailor is a happy sailor.....:censored:

the 2x10's were fun..really..fun. I cut those suckers out for the top sills in my sawshed...gotta get 'em in stickers sometime today..

A #####in' sailor is a happy sailor.....:censored:

the 2x10's were fun..really..fun. I cut those suckers out for the top sills in my sawshed...gotta get 'em in stickers sometime today..

Yes, I've come across that often in my reading.

I've plans to be milling my own 2x and 3x stock for a weather shed this year also, looking forward to your continued pics. :clap:

Yes, I've come across that often in my reading.

I've plans to be milling my own 2x and 3x stock for a weather shed this year also, looking forward to your continued pics. :clap:

yah..it's a common saying..unfortunately some of my contemporaries
will use it as an excuse when a sailor has an actual problem...there
are chiefs...and then there are Chiefs...it's usually true tho'...

Still didn't get the bloody things in stickers...apparently I will have to sticker pine outside and under cover until the moisture comes down...hadda batch of moldy 1x12 in the shed..:censored: pulled it all out and hosed it with bleach and stickered out where it will be in the sun and wind...forunately I found some cheap tarps the other day to get over top...:censored: :censored: :censored:

Ah well...the cypress doesn't seem to take mold..mama's floors can go in the shed.

Shopteacher: MK thread above says sumpin about a LT40hd....see iffn ya can make a deal....happy now?:hmm3grin2orange:

hey zopi, doe's that bleach deal work good, what kind of wood was it? and take care of yourself, you could be a neighbor.......

Dunno..the bleach will mostly kill the mold spores..or so I've been told..best cure for mold is keep standing moisture off the wood..lots of moving air and light..

PM me where you are..Hillbilly Holler is a decent description of Isle of Wight..
but I like it that way.

Hey Shopteacher

How many fingers do you have? (J/K, Old joke, LOL) In your neck of the woods, check out Lancaster Farming. Its a farm weekly paper, with a lot of classifieds. I think there were 3 or 4 Woodmizer mills in there last week! It is published in Ephrata, saturdays, I think they have a website, Google it! Good luck, SawyerDave:biggrinbounce2:

Thanks for the lead sawyerDave. Looked but no luck. Will bookmark for future reference though.

Back