Looking to get started in Connecticut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwayne

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a climber in Central Connecticut who would let me drag brush for them. I want to learn to climb trees and rig tree take downs. I figured the best place to start would be to see someone in action.

I have run a chainsaw in the woods, I have done some rock climbing, and I have climbed poles as a cable-man. Also have just picked up Jepson's Tree climbing Companion and am studying my knots.

Thanks,
Chris

Good luck Chris. You're in my old hometown, although I was only 4 when I moved. I still have family in Glastonbury. My uncle owns the NAPA store, as a kid I remember my grandmother's house on Hillcrest (just off Main, south of downtown) and my grandfather worked for Pratt and Whitney before he retired. Never figured I'd see someone from Glastonbury on here.
:)

"let me drag brush"-you are what people look for. Work hard, do as you are told, never whine and any decent guy will show you how to climb. We were all groundsmen once, I think the difference between a good treeguy and a mutt is not forgeting where you came from and helping chip when you can.

May i suggest you look in your yellow pages. Spring is headed your way and companies will be assembling their crews.
You may get several no's but dont be discouraged, Good Luck :)

Ct

cwayne said:
Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a climber in Central Connecticut who would let me drag brush for them. I want to learn to climb trees and rig tree take downs. I figured the best place to start would be to see someone in action.

I have run a chainsaw in the woods, I have done some rock climbing, and I have climbed poles as a cable-man. Also have just picked up Jepson's Tree climbing Companion and am studying my knots.

Thanks,
Chris
yeah bro, pm me with #s

clearance said:
"let me drag brush"-you are what people look for. Work hard, do as you are told, never whine and any decent guy will show you how to climb. We were all groundsmen once, I think the difference between a good treeguy and a mutt is not forgeting where you came from and helping chip when you can.

Good advice.

Hey I live in East Hampton, I could show you some stuff. I use to work in Glastonbury, I can think of some people you DON'T want to learn from.

Latest posts

Back