Looking to start a tree service from the ground up need tips from equipment to training.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logginboy94

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My name's Mike I'm from Johnstown PA im looking to start a tree service in Pittsburgh I've got experience running saws and falling timber of all sizes but I know this whole climbing thing is going to be new to me so I'd like to have some pointers and tips from some experienced arborists of what I need from square #1 to start a tree company in the future.

For starters, you'll want to hire a reputable climber. If you plan on being the climber, you don't want to learn at the expense of customers property or your health. I'd hire a good, legit climber and have him teach you. Watch everything he does, ask alot of questions.

hire an experienced climber, learn from him.
buy educational content and do research.
get "Tree Climbers Companion" and Jerry Beranek videos

as far as equipment, depends on your budget. being cheap is being expensive in this biz

btw use the search bar, these questions have been answered hundreds of times

My name's Mike I'm from Johnstown PA im looking to start a tree service in Pittsburgh I've got experience running saws and falling timber of all sizes but I know this whole climbing thing is going to be new to me so I'd like to have some pointers and tips from some experienced arborists of what I need from square #1 to start a tree company in the future.
btw use the search bar, these questions have been answered hundreds of times

Yup, this get's old, use the search,,that is what it is there for.
Jeff :dancing:

He can work for the company, a company can have 2 climbers. I don't see another way to do it besides work for someone, have them train you, then flip them the bird and leave to become the competition.

Latest posts

Back