Looks like heating season's soon upon us

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbooga

cords of mystic memory
Reaction score
If this bit of lore be true, we'll be getting the old iron beast fired up in a matter of weeks.

Frost may be expected six weeks from the time the goldenrod first
blooms.

Goldenrod's been in bloom for over a week here in NH.

goldenrod2.jpg

few more bits of lore.

-Frost may be expected six weeks from the time the locust fimt sings.
-Expect frost six weeks from the time the cricket first sings.
-Frost will come six weeks from the time the katydid first sings.

101 her today but I have been checking out my wood rack and everything is drying out very well.

The wife and I are ready.

Looking at at-least another 3 months here before it's time to even consider firing that puppy up. I'll be satisfied when the time comes to shut off the AC and open the windows.

I was watching the weather channel yesterday and jennifer carfagno said, "one bung. two mouths groan" as she was pointing at a map of north america. She just stared at the camera for about a minute&a half after she said that, completely silent but continuing to point at the map until they went to commercial. So I figure I won't have to fire the stove up until mid-late october based on her forecast.

I was watching the weather channel yesterday and jennifer carfagno said, "one bung. two mouths groan" as she was pointing at a map of north america. She just stared at the camera for about a minute&a half after she said that, completely silent but continuing to point at the map until they went to commercial. So I figure I won't have to fire the stove up until mid-late october based on her forecast.

Thats good enough for me. Mid Oct. it is.

I just told the girls at the daycare center I wanted some upfront money for salt today. They said I was crazy to be thinking about it so soon. I said that not only was I crazy but when I am plowing the lot I am stone drunk to boot.

Latest posts

Back