• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Loops of Stihl 33 RSF

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have more Stihl 33 RSF (3/8"x.050", chisel, full skip) chain than I can use. I'm offering loops made to order for about 20 cents per drive link. That translates to the following prices for some standard sizes:
$14.40 for 72 DL
$16.80 for 84 DL
$18.20 for 91 DL
$21.00 for 105 DL

Shipping is additional. USPS priority mail flat rate boxes can hold several loops (of course the exact number depends on # of DLs) and ship for $5.80. I'll do everything I can to keep the shipping to a minimum.

How does it compare to say rsc. I understand its skip but on a 32" bar on a ported 461 for occasional use would it be better with rsf?

I've never compared chains that way. I'm a casual cutter and just happened to get a decent buy on the rsf that I thought I'd share with the community. My reading suggests two considerations: (1) skip can be faster than full comp with bar lengths that are at or near the upper limit for the powerhead and (2) any time lost, if the skip is slower, is more than made up by having to sharpen far fewer teeth. The second is the primary appeal that skip has for me. Hope that helps.

If you want to sharpen less cutters it will be good. Cutting speed will be close on that bar length.

I have more Stihl 33 RSF (3/8"x.050", chisel, full skip) chain than I can use. I'm offering loops made to order for about 20 cents per drive link. That translates to the following prices for some standard sizes:
$14.40 for 72 DL
$16.80 for 84 DL
$18.20 for 91 DL
$21.00 for 105 DL

Shipping is additional. USPS priority mail flat rate boxes can hold several loops (of course the exact number depends on # of DLs) and ship for $5.80. I'll do everything I can to keep the shipping to a minimum.

Charlie, that's a darn good buy. Please put me down for 2 72 DL and 2 84 DL. Those will be good chains for my volunteer trail crew.
I'll PM you the shipping address.

How many 72's with one 84dl can I ship to perth,aus.in one go(normal post will be fine)priority not needed.is there cost diff?
Cheers for ya time.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

How many 72's with one 84dl can I ship to perth,aus.in one go(normal post will be fine)priority not needed.is there cost diff?
Cheers for ya time.

I'm afraid the cost to ship to Australia would be prohibitive. I may be misreading the rates, but it appears to cost more than $30 to ship a couple chains. If someone with international shipping experience knows a way to get/keep the cost down, please jump in and share.

Loops are 20 cents per link plus shipping. AFAIK, USPS flat rate boxes are the least expensive option. So one loop with 114 DLs is $22.80 + $5.80 makes $28.60. A second or third loop (doesn't have to be the same length) would effectively ship for free, just pay for the chain. There's room in the box for roughly 350 drive links.

How does it compare to say rsc. I understand its skip but on a 32" bar on a ported 461 for occasional use would it be better with rsf?
I've run both RS& RSF on my stock MS 461in hardwoods. Not huge difference in cutting time and neither one seemed to bog down easier. Definitely faster to sharpen the F.

Back