Low compression on my new Stihl MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stihl should be sent a link of this can a non member read this stuff?

No but they could if sent a link through Google as in a Google search on a subject it would come up. Very doubtful they would bother though as I have often spoke of this site while at the dealer and they had no interest in looking in to it.

Yes the one I checked and a 261 had 155psi. This was the 10mm tester used on the 362. And the build date is 10/18.
f8cd57d022b7fe5baa6feb54ca56d2db.jpg
9cf2d23015e9c33cfe8297edcc614455.jpg

OP I just called my Stihl dealer talked about your problem . There is a 7 day satisfaction period in which you can return the power head! Now they are going to play the low compression you broke it with ethanol card at that point! Your comeback is well since you people said that there is nothing wrong with the saw or the compression take it back. If you would just pull the muffler maybe we can just get you running with a piston and a ball hone if all fails! Also c all Stihl!

OP I just called my Stihl dealer talked about your problem . There is a 7 day satisfaction period in which you can return the power head! Now they are going to play the low compression you broke it with ethanol card at that point! Your comeback is well since you people said that there is nothing wrong with the saw or the compression take it back. If you would just pull the muffler maybe we can just get you running with a piston and a ball hone if all fails! Also c all Stihl!

I really don`t think he should pull the muffler just yet, make the shop do it first. If the dealer sees the screws have been out they can ujse that as ammunition not to dig any further, the dam saw is just so new than any lil thing they can see is another nail in the OP`s coffin.

Yes the one I checked and a 261 had 155psi. This was the 10mm tester used on the 362. And the build date is 10/18.
f8cd57d022b7fe5baa6feb54ca56d2db.jpg
9cf2d23015e9c33cfe8297edcc614455.jpg

Thank you Sir for doing this service. Not many of us has a new saw to run a comp test on and your test is right where a new saw should be.

After reading through all the posts on this thread, I’m suspecting a broken or “ soft “ ring, the dealer should at least pull the top end down and get to the bottom of it. Satisfaction should be their # 1 concern, if not, then they’re not a reputable dealer! Just my humble opinion.

After reading through all the posts on this thread, I’m suspecting a broken or “ soft “ ring, the dealer should at least pull the top end down and get to the bottom of it. Satisfaction should be their # 1 concern, if not, then they’re not a reputable dealer! Just my humble opinion.

They tend to think more of their bottom line these days, if they did any work to the saw that is not covered by warranty then they don`t get paid for just looking. I realize it takes up their techs time, time is money but looking after a customer is important. It just depends on the dealer about how important just one customer is, since I have been around the saw game a very long time I have seen far too many instances where a customer got poor treatment because he was a one time joe. One place was so bad that if one did not spend $25,000 or more there a year forget about even being talked to.

Guys like you and me would have that sucker pulled down and parts ordered in under an hr., if the dealer did that, they’d have a loyal customer for life and word would get out. Take care of your customers like they’re family, it pays off in the long run. Again, just MHO.

Didnt one guy on here already post his 362 compression at 150 or more?
Ya... I need to reply to him. I wondering if he's saw is a 10mm plug or the 6mm plug like mine. That how you can tell if its the new design... the smaller spark plug.

X 66 Stang 347 X do you know if that saw you tested has the larger 10mm spark plug or the New Designed smaller 6mm spark plug?

Mines the 10mm. I wasn’t aware there was a 6mm. I’ll look into that and see what I can find.
When was yours built?
If you don’t mind I could use your serial number if I make a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back