Low compression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason. Blake46

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey yall, I have an echo cs400 it stopped running, I checked the compression, it was 30psi. So I tore it down the ring was stuck in the piston, so I replaced the piston and ring and it's still getting 30psi. I checked and confirmed my compression tester is good. I know this is a cheap saw but I'd love to learn on it and get it going again. Now when I put air to the spark plug hole with the intake and exhaust plugged it bubbles out the crank, im just not seeing how that could cause low compression. If yall think it's that could you explain the why?

Hey yall, I have an echo cs400 it stopped running, I checked the compression, it was 30psi. So I tore it down the ring was stuck in the piston, so I replaced the piston and ring and it's still getting 30psi. I checked and confirmed my compression tester is good. I know this is a cheap saw but I'd love to learn on it and get it going again. Now when I put air to the spark plug hole with the intake and exhaust plugged it bubbles out the crank, im just not seeing how that could cause low compression. If yall think it's that could you explain the why?
How much air are you using, and is there a valve in the end of the compression guage?

Update, I tore it back down, the rings they sent were to thic for the piston so me in my infinite wisdom decided to lad .3mm off them. Well without thinking i took a little off each side, didn't even think of the end gap pin. Well it's getting stuck under that. So ordered a new piston and rings

Back