low grade and chip????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade Huggins

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It looks like here in the next two months I will be moving to Kentucky to cut a couple tracts of timber approximately 1300 acres. There is a large amount of chip.........I mean a lot of chip and I was wandering if anybody here knew of any chip or scrag mills. I will be cutting in the Northeastern part of Kentucky......... if anybody knows of any places to unload a good bit of chip that is within reasonable driving distance holler back it would be greatly appreciated.................Thanks again Wade Huggins

There's a chip mill in Greenup KY. I believe it is still operating. Send me a pm if you want the contact info.

Ryan I live along the Ohio River North of Parkersburg about twenty miles in a little town called St Marys. My wife and I are getting ready to head down to KY next week to look for a place to live in the Flemingsburg area. At this point it looks like when I get down their I may never come back..........its a real nice area..........Wade

Ryan,
My father owns some hunting ground down in Lewis County. He is in pretty tight with the surrounding land owners. He stumbled on to a big piece of timber and was able to come up with enough financial backing to buy it ground and all. Its roughly 500 acres......probably 350 of it will harvested. Looks loke it will probably cut somewhere close to 4.5 million ft International Scale. Probably somewhere close to 2.5million+ of good high quality timber...................Its loaded with poplar that have at least fifteen hundred feet++ in them and sevral with well over 2th. Just a lot of good timber ya know.. Red Oak.... White Oak..... a few Cherry scattered about.........Anyway its a couple of years work for a us and it looks like several other pieces could spring up as a result of this one so I may end up there permanently......... which is fine because it is a beautiful area with a lotta of nice people.................there is not much timber left to cut in West Virginia pretty well played out...........time to move on......Later, Wade

Wow, that will be a nice chunk of change. From what I've seen of WV there looks to be a lot of sizeable timber left. I'm an hour and a half from princeton.

There really isn't much left.......... most of whats left is state or nationally owned and protected from the likes of us. You always stumble on to something anywhere you go but pickings are getting slim around here unless you like cutting low grade..............happy sawing, Wade

Latest posts

Back