LR50 bucket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Climbing mike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is there anyone using the asplundh lr50 booms on their trucks? Did you know they are suppose to be totally redone at 15 years regardless of hrs? Does anyone know how much that may cost? Would love to here from anyone about this.

Thanks Mike

That comes due to certain utilities requiring a lift and chassis be no more than a certain age, not necessarily a requirement- unless you're doing line clearance work.

Asplundh does not make booms any more their operation was taken over by altec, this is what I was told. I tried to order a part for my boom they told me I have to give my serial number, when i asked why they told me that if my boom was over 15 years old and has not had the 15 year overhaul then they will not sell any parts to the person that owns the boom. The company mandates that at 25 years the boom be dismanteled and cut into peices. The only part Im tring to get is the cover to the controlls. Does any one have a LR50 that has been overhauled?

Thanks Mike

You're better off just making one out of 1/4" plywood. If you're decent at it, you can do the corners with glass and you'll hardly notice a difference.

Yes, Asplundh sold their lifts and chipper mfg to Altec.

Seems hard to swallow they wouldn't sell parts, and even harder that they'd mandate it be cut up. C'mon, get real. My Skyworker is 33 years old, and still going. Still get parts, and nobody has told me to cut it into itsy-bitsy pieces.

Wow... that's pretty scrwed. Sounds like anti-trust to me, Mike.

That's like me selling you a chainsaw and calling you up next year saying you have to junk it unless you buy my $400 rebuild kit.

As far as "overhaul" goes, it depends on how deep they expect you to get into it. Did they tell you what they define an overhaul as?

Latest posts

Back