lt 10 saw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayard

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
can a trailer kit be put on this mill.how can one person move it around?thanks k

If you bolt it to a trailer, you might want to get a trailer without sides, and some good crossbeams to handle the weight of the mill plus the log loaded on the bunk.

I had originally thought about mounting my LT10 on a trailer, and leaving the mess in the woods. But I am glad I built a small platform to put it on in the backyard instead. Seems I'm always forgetting something, and having to go back inside to get it. That and it gets pretty warm during the summer around here, and frequent trips to 'cool down' are much appreciated for this old guy!
Also, the thought of having to get those big logs any higher up(trailer height) would just about stop me from milling anything.....can't afford no tractor around here.

Scott (get the upgraded motor) B

can a trailer kit be put on this mill.how can one person move it around?thanks k

Yup

and

attachment.php

Yup

Note the motor is not on the mast. The mast is HEAVY.

How do you guys like your LT10's? I've been lovin my CSM, but you know how it is... there is always bigger-better-faster-easier. I would love a BSM, just don't know wheather a 10 would do it for me. It would be great to be able to transport it. So I'm tryin to decide between a 10,15 or 15go. Just would like your opinions on the 10, or whatever mill you have now.

Any BSM over a CSM you will love. BSM's hold there value quite well, consider a base LT15 then in the future if warranted make it into an LT15GO.........Like the ML26, then adding a trailer package and someother goodies.

Keep your CSM, even with a BSM you'll be needing it.

How do you guys like your LT10's? I've been lovin my CSM, but you know how it is... there is always bigger-better-faster-easier. I would love a BSM, just don't know wheather a 10 would do it for me. It would be great to be able to transport it. So I'm tryin to decide between a 10,15 or 15go. Just would like your opinions on the 10, or whatever mill you have now.

Do yourself a BIG favor and mill on a Norwood ML26 before you buy a 10, it's a HUGE step up and you won't outgrow it so fast!

SR

What do you plan on doing with it? How are you going to transport it?

I went with an LT10 because:
Ease of dis/re assembly and size - I need something I can carry in pieces down narrow trails with my small tractor's 3pt pallet jack and FEL and assemble/disassemble by myself. Wrestling that mast around is heavy, I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle an LT15 or Norwood by MYSELF.

Cost - When I bought a year ago the base price was $3K. Now it's $3.9K a 33% increase.

95% of my trees on about 400 acres are < 24" DBH. For those larger one slice with a 660 and a 42" bar will make them manageable.

Ideally I'd like to be able to haul it around with me. As far as size of logs... I have a good amount of logs that are definitely too big for the Lt10. I work for a tree service so there is always the possibility for more big stuff too.

I run a 660 w/42" also, and will be holding on to that.

I don't plan on milling 1,000's of logs, but would like to be able to take care of the stockpile I have. Maybe 50-60 logs.

I can get my LT 15 on and off a trailer by myself. It takes a bit of inginuity a strong back and a weak mind. It is nice to have the kubota or a second person. Just saying it can be done but not everytime.
I still would like to run a Norwoods mill. I am betting its a Stihl Husky arguement. One will have features the other doesnt.

Back