lube

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I know Baileys is a sponsor, but I am curious about their chain lube and fuel mix, We run a little a bit of fuel and oil in a days run; and would like to purchase in bulk, how's the stuff work?
Thank You

dingo said:
I know Baileys is a sponsor, but I am curious about their chain lube and fuel mix, We run a little a bit of fuel and oil in a days run; and would like to purchase in bulk, how's the stuff work?
Thank You

The inlaws run the bar oil. They go through a ton. Good stuff.

We don't use the oil we use Stihl.

Fred

Bulk Oil

If I was to buy bulk oil I would get hooked up with poulan and run their bar oil it is cheaper and about the same quality. Walmart has it for $3.00 a gallon and for two stroke oil I would buy a case of mobil one mx2t that is the best stuff and pretty inexpensive. Especially after you consider the cost of shipping and handling. Thats my persoanlly oppinion baileys has great fast service so If you want I would place an order with them in an heart beat.

Thanks fellows, we are running Poulan now for the chains and Stihl for the mix. I mix a half and half of Poulan bar oil and diesel for the mill. I guess I'm a little P.Oed about the retail outlet I used to do business with . I spend about a grand a month there and I saw them treat an old guy like crap today. I didn't know the guy, but made me out of sorts enough I walked out, the heck with their smiles and jokes, and told the feller to come to my shop. We cut him a chain and gave him a gallon of oil. The guy can't hear too well and looks like he doesn't have a dime to his name, but he wouldn't leave until he paid for everything. How many of us will be swinging chainsaws at 81 years old, plus we found out he is a WWII combat vet. I know business is rough, but just because I was a regular customer doesn't mean they couldn't serve the first come first served, I had plenty of time.
That is what started this question about the lube;; hey, I cool off by tomorrow; and by Monday my business will be elsewhere.:angry2: :blob2:

Buying oil online for retail use, the shipping is gonna kill ya. Like many others here I go to Wally World (Wal-Mart) and buy a half dozen gallons of bar lube at a time for $2.86 per gallon. My Stihl dealer gets $6 per gallon and my Husky dealer gets $5 per gallon. Bar lube is fairly foolproof and I can't tell any difference in performance or wear.

Two cycle oil is a little different. There is another current thread going right now and several (including myself) think highly of Echo oil. One big benefit is that Echo dealers are pretty much everywhere.

Good luck in your quest and I for one am glad you helped out the vet. On behalf of humans everywhere I thank you.

I used to purchase a lot of stuff on line but the shipping got to be unacceptable unless I could buy enough to to ship free. That is what I was just checking on the other thread you're talking about. I have run what some would consider junk, but it ran. Doesn't look like a company would be around long if their oil started burning machines up. I am going to look into the Echo and everything else Monday. Going to the city Monday, darn, I hate to get out amongst em, sometimes just have no choice.

2Coilinveins said this about the dealers catering to the money:

"A third dealer found out I was a firewood cutter and not a pro and told me that frankly he didn't have time for me. At the time his shop was full of obvious timber fallers and such. While I was there one person bought a spool of chain and another bought two 660's. Him I can understand, and am thankful he told me up front that my business was going to be put on the back burner because it wasn't going to make him enough money to justify pissing off the people who're spending thousands a year in his shop."

however, treating anyone like crap can not be tolerated.

I have got a firewood cutters at the mill all the time. You guys are an asset to me and my business.:D

Back