Lucky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a little mishap yesterday, while topping a tree out for removal I made a really stupid mistake. I was a little frustrated with my ground guy for getting the ropes all tangled up. I was cutting a medium size branch that I had my safety lanyard tied to , I failed to make my under cut ( I know stupid stupid) when it split sucking me up against the branch, I took my left hand off the saw to catch my balance when it kicked back right into my wrist. Now I had to cut myself free from the split limb and get down in a hurry. I got super lucky , the chain just grazed me and and screwed up my tattoo . I know Ill be the target of attack on here for making such a stupid mistake. I was even raggin on a homeowner the other day about making proper cuts ! Anyways it pays to slow down take a breath and think no matter how much experience you have.

Glad to hear you're okay. And as you've read, you aren't the only one to make a mistake like this.

Here's another one.

Remember what you said about complacency and stay safe.

Glad to hear you're okay. And as you've read, you aren't the only one to make a mistake like this.

Here's another one.

Remember what you said about complacency and stay safe.

I remember reading that one, sounds like all the same reasons for my accident, tired (working 2 different jobs ones a swing shift 7 days straight and tree work on my seven off) been working about 3 months no break, in a hurry ( always pressuring myself to be faster and more efficient ) and frustrated with my super green ground man. I need to stop thinking that time = money and start thinking - time = thought which = going home at end of the day.

Ghillie,
I dig your carabiner vt hitch set up.

Ghillie? Ghillie? ?????? Did you do that ghillie? Huh?

Yeah:biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back