Lumberjack World Championships July 23-25 2010 Hayward, Wisconsin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The Lumberjack World Championships are coming up soon (July 23-25 2010) in Hayward, Wisconsin. Anyone going? Anyone competing? I will try to make at least one day.

http://www.lumberjackworldchampionships.com/

WOMEN'S SINGLE BUCK
WOMEN'S UNDERHAND CHOP
UNDERHAND BLOCK CHOP
STANDING BLOCK CHOP
SPRINGBOARD CHOPPING
MEN'S LOGROLLING
WOMEN'S LOGROLLING
SINGLE BUCK
DOUBLE BUCK
JACK AND JILL SAWING
HOT SAW
90 FOOT SPEED CLIMB
60 FOOT SPEED CLIMB
BOOM RUN
RELAY EVENT
AMATEUR LOGROLLING
ALL-AROUND LADY JILL
TONY WISE ALL-AROUND
MASTER'S UNDERHAND CHOP
MASTER'S DOUBLE BUCK

Should be a good show and you get to see the best in North America, as well as a smattering of overseas competitors, but World Championships ?

LOL, that part always amuses me.

Very Important ? US ?
yep, I'd go along with that, but World ?

Hmmm.

Yes, I realise competitors from OS compete too, but AFAIK the Sydney Royal Woodchop is considered as the closest to the World Championship in axe sports and pre dates Hayward by, oh, over 50 years and yes, competitors from all around the world compete here, including all the top North Americans.

In fact World Championship events are held in the Underhand, Standing Block, Treefelling and Cross Cut Sawing (single & double handed) at Sydney.

Why should timbersports, or any lesser-known sport NOT claim "world"? As long as there ISN"T an umbrella organization recognized by a number of nations its wide open. Its all just about marketing.

How many "world champions" are the in American pro wrestling?

I would love to make it to an event one of these days. Competing or spectating, would love to be there... Just too far of a drive for me here in Ohio.

Why should timbersports, or any lesser-known sport NOT claim "world"? As long as there ISN"T an umbrella organization recognized by a number of nations its wide open. Its all just about marketing.

How many "world champions" are the in American pro wrestling?

Good point re an Umbrella organisation, but use a example better than Wrestling :D
Mate, that's not even a sport :laugh:

We always used to get a giggle if we ever heard anything about your baseball as it was the "World Series" yet AFAIK only the US competed in it.

That date seems one month ahead of the previous date. I guess after ditching Rochester:censored:they decided to move Hayward up.

Bill

Back