Hoquiam Log Show

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotax Robert

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is going to be a great show for everyone sept.9th!!! There will be obstacle pole,underhand chop,single buck 20'' douglas fir,stock saw 3/8 50 gauge 91 drivers,speed climb,tree topping,axe throw,choker set,jack'n'jill,World Championship 30'' doug fir double buck,World Championship 30'' doug fir hot saw,(hot start one cut) there will be $1500.00 prize money in both World Championship's and about $12,000 in total prize money. Preliminaries at 7:00 AM the show starts at 6:00 pm.

I borrowed the above statement from TJ. I have Been on the phone to see if they will open up a class for the Unlimited Hotsaws but got a great big No.
Kinda pisses me off as I would dearly love to carve up thier 30" log. Anyway I had 5 of the Unlimiteds set and ready to go. I wonder if this is a ALA sanctioned show as they don't like the big saws either (unlimiteds). Kinda funny, I hear from several sources that they are really trying to keep it a somewhat local competition show so as to not have the pro's come in and take every event. I doubt this is true due to the fact that some of the fastest people in thier respective events are going to be there and your average local logger is not going to stand a chance against a $1000+ bucking saw, $5000 Bike saws, chopping axes, etc.

I guess the car engine saws do not meet the traditional aspect of the sport but 500 hondas, 325 Rotax's, etc. etc. most certianly do, Just like they did in the old days.

Either way to those of you going ot watch or participating in the show, it should be a good one as you will see some of the fastest men and women in the world competing. Enjoy the show and I will give the Predator a weekend off...she deserves it.

All the best
Rotax Robert

That would be my 088 or 3120, either way probably not as there will be bike saws there kind of a waste of time going against those with a regular saw. I think they only have stock saw (where the show supplies the powerhead) and open class which is single cyinder bike/snomobile saws.

Rotax

Nope, I have a good stocksaw chain for that race and sometimes I can throw an axe, sometimes I can't. Gotta little showoff deal I got that weekend also, so I will Probably be loaded down with the Predator, Nitrous V6 and the Harley saw. I am sure I'll be racing, just not running the big saws in Hoquiam.

Rotax Robert

Latest posts

Back