Mac 3-10e carb settings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcat688

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have a Mac 3-10e, in pretty good shape, minus the battery. Starts OK, runs a bit, but dies.

Looked at the carb, and while running it seems to spit drops of gas up the air intake. The plug is wet when I check it after it dies.

The carb is a Tillotson HS43C, dated 1963. Has low and high adjust screws, and what looks like a stylised MC with a 3 next to it.

Can anyone tell me what the factory carb settings were (or known working settings). Are refurb kits still available for these carbs ?

Any help would be appreciated!

TC

your carb problem is somewhat of a problem and somewhat not. I just got an old 1963 mac 1-43 fired up for the first time in a long time. it had an tilston hl series and i got lucky and found a generic hl rebuild kit on e-bay so i bought two i have seen the hc not too sure on the hs though if you grab one off e-bay make sure to double check the needle sent with it because the one i recieved would not fit the 89d i had so i had to settle for just switching out the diaphram and the rest of the gaskets etc. and reuseing the old needle pull the jets all the way out and clean clean clean especially if there is varnish on anything. then insert both jets and tighten (not torque) them down then turn one out on both sides the saw should start there. Tune the jets to proper setting and or take to a local saw shop to have them tach your saw for you.

Latest posts

Back