mac eager beaver

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justshootme

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have posted this before and had many suggestions. i tried them all and still have the same problem. the saw will crank and run but falls on its face when you give it the gas. it is not the carb, muffler, key way, spark plug, fuel mixture, or armature adjustment. i have pretty much become convinced it has an electrical problem of some sort. it sounds like it is only half way hitting at idle. i have run the wires and checked for rubbing and so forth. i was wondering if there are any electrical components that could possibly be going out that would cause this?

I realize i should junk it but it has become personal

Thanks to all

I would suspect that the diaphram in the carb is sending to much gas into the engine.I had one of these and it would vapor lock up in January. I finally gave it a 158 grain JHP send off. MAy it rest in piece.

justshootme said:
it is not the carb, muffler

What did you do to eliminate those two.

Is the carb cleaned and rebuilt? Did you remove the muffler and blow all the carbon out of it?

Sounds like your saw is 'flooding out'

could be due to too much fuel comming from the carb, could be due to a restriction of air flow.

I've never had an ignition component cause the symptoms like you descirbe.

Latest posts

Back