macculloch 10-10 gas tank gasket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoadel

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post on the arborists site, but i have been reading all of the forums here for a long time.

I wanted to know if there is any sort of trick to putting a gas tank gasket on a McCullough promac 10-10. I got a new cork gasket off ebay that fits the contours of the tank, but when i tighten the tank down, i get leaks.

Any help would be appreciated. :givebeer:

Thanks,
Ben

Welcome to Arboristsite bmoadel, A couple of things come to mind, one is on the front of the tank some 10-10 saws had a allen bolt that was inside the oil tank cover that screwed into the bottom of the tank and there is supposed to be a washer between the two tanks. This washer will hold the fuel tank up just a hair to help put pressure on the gasket. A trick we used is to grind a little off the spacer inside the tank so more pressure would tighten the gasket. Always do sparingly. Hope this helps. I just purchased a brand new 10-10 today from a Mac guy I've known for years. I can't wait to get it. It's a shelf model (only for display) . Tony

Tony,

Thanks for that quick reply!

I'll check out the spacer and see if it has any extra material that can be ground (sparingly).

You got a brand new 10-10!! Thats a find!! How much did you have to shell out for that sucker?

-Ben

Ben, He was asking A 4 note plus shipping but he gave me a deal. He must knew how much I'd like to have one. A 3 Note plus shipping.

Back