Machining the Cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.P.P

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First I thank you all for your knowledge. I respect other peoples advice because they might know something I don't. that is why I am going to ask Q's.

I am getting ready to port my saws. I have my port work figured out well, but I need some help with the squish and base.
I am trying to figure out how to hold the jug squar so I can millmachine the squish band to an angle. I am also trying to figure out the same thing to mill/machine the base to increase my compression.

Basically I need a point in the right direction on how to mount/hold the cylinder head so I can machine true to the bore of the cyclinder.

and thanks again

You can use a 3 or 4 jaw. You'll need to make some jigs. You can use aluminum, hardwood, lexon, or what ever. Here's a couple of pictures of cutting the base and squish to give you some ideas. You can use aluminum, hardwood, lexon, or what ever.

bbbp46023.jpg

bbbp46015.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. I not much of a book worm. Pictures help alot.

Mabey someone has done this on a mill? I have a friend with a large chicago made mill that is in much better shape than his lathe.

Latest posts

Back