Making Chain loops...best spinner / breaker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do not buy that POS at Harbor Freight, don't work at all. It was 15 bucks, so I tried it.

All of the manual are about the same speed. The Italy made sets from baileys are pretty nice.

I've got the oregon breaker and spinner. They're well made and I've spun up maybe 5 or 6 100' rolls of chain on them the last year or so. I expect they'll last pretty much forever. Whatever you get, invest in a quality adjustable anvil. The one that comes with the breaker is awful, and you end up bending/twisting chain and may even have to grind the rivets a little before breaking them. With a quality adjustable anvil you can easily break the chains. I think that most spinners are similar in quality, but there's a difference in quality between breakers for sure.

Shaun

Baileys' has a sale price on a pair now for $90 (add a few more $ to spin .325 and low pro chain) plus a deal on shipping. It is what I would buy right now if I was lokking for one.

Pick up some extra pre-sets and tie straps with your order: not expensive, but shipping will kill you if you have to order them later.

Spinner and breaker are also great for repairing and resizing loops, replacing damaged cutters, etc.

Philbert

I've tried them all

I raced saws for over 20 years,and I tried some of the junk trying to modify them.I always went back to my Oregon brkr n spinner.i did a little moddin on it to make it faster because we broke every link.just for work you can't go wrong.If you want to get lil faster let me know.Terry

Back