Making Lemonade out of a Lemon - Restoring a First Year 046 Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That new tank has a much superior fuel vent than the 046 came with ,i bet it has the green fuel line also that will not get mushy from ethanol ,will make a much more reliable saw to work with over the old type tank .The webbing on the bottom of the handle is much stronger too .

I'm afraid the muffler body would re-crack. I got a replacement for $15 shipped. A friend had a handle for me.

Yes, I use a pop-up. 180-190 is the sweet spot that I like.

Plastics are new from the dealer. The two covers were about $100. The new tank was $116.

Sounds like pretty good prices. The muffler is a dual port, right?

I'm afraid the muffler body would re-crack. I got a replacement for $15 shipped. A friend had a handle for me.

Yes, I use a pop-up. 180-190 is the sweet spot that I like.

Plastics are new from the dealer. The two covers were about $100. The new tank was $116.

Brass usually works pretty good on mufflers, drill out the end of the crack(s) to get rid of the stress point. I prefer it to a weld.

brad,,see all those nicked spots on the clutch cover,,that showed up REAL well after that wonderful paint job??? go to a auto body supply place,,and get a product called lacquer putty,,thats in a tube. great stuff, for filling small pin holes,,and will cover a area a larger also...sands smooth easily,,and covers great...while not as hardening as regular body putty,,good stuff......wont stick to plastic at all,,but will to metal of any type......
Putty will stick to plastic if it's primed first, it sticks to the primer. My wife's car's plastic back bumper has a bit of it in it and it hasn't fallen out yet!

Are we learning this saw has already be sold...Say not SO???
It was just recently rescued from those who have no compassion nor concern for orphaned or mistreated saws, and probably did not have the time to even bond with its new owner. We really have to implement a "saw rescue" plan for some of these misused, abused, yet rescued gems. I'm recommending my place as sort of a foster-home for them to adjust before they are put back into the main stream of life and stuff :innocent:

Back