Making Lemonade out of a Lemon - Restoring a First Year 046 Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dumping a full tank bar oil on the nicest part of my yard. It's too late to replant grass now, so I'll have a big bare spot which will be over run by crab grass soon.

Wash that area heavily with dishsoap, plant some grass seed and wash it in with more dish soap. Keep it wet. That's all you gotta do, it's only May 5.

New brake handle, clutch side plastic covers, guide plate, engine shroud, filter cover, and Elastostart. I slid the old tank under it just for pics. The new one should be here today.

20150505_184823-L.jpg

20150505_184854-L.jpg

Base cut with new tool holder and carbide insert. Thanks Rob!!!
20150505_203643-L.jpg

New brake handle, clutch side plastic covers, guide plate, engine shroud, filter cover, and Elastostart. I slid the old tank under it just for pics. The new one should be here today.

20150505_184823-L.jpg

20150505_184854-L.jpg

Base cut with new tool holder and carbide insert. Thanks Rob!!!
20150505_203643-L.jpg

Really nice ,Brad

Unfortunately, the bad parts saga continues. I went to paint up the loop handle and found it was cracked. Not only that, it was tweaked and wouldn't bolt up to the new tank. I went to straighten it, and it broke in half. That's not the end of it either. The muffler body is badly broken around the flange where it bolts to the cylinder. So, I'm now in the market for a muffler body and half wrap handle. Please PM me if you have one for sale. Thank goodness I'm at the end of this build! Knowing what I know now, this saw would have been sold for parts. What's done is done though, and it's one cherry 046!

Nice job Brad. I dont mind having a frankensaw with a screw cap oil tank and a flippy gas tank. When I put my 044 together Andy sent me a tank with a flippy.

Latest posts

Back