Makita DCS 5121

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I get the carb completely off ?

Does the fuel line remove directly at the carb, or from the rubber grommet thing (below the throttle arm, in the pic) ?

Also, the rubber connector between the carb & cylinder head doesn't seem to wanna let go of the carb ?

I've got the throttle cable detached and the choke/stop switch is free too...

Can someone throw me a bone, I've searched for over 2 hours now.

:dizzy:

20150917_014710_zpsqtxk9upa.jpg

I'm missing why you need to do anything more than you've done?

Reinstall everything and tune saw.

Why would there be more to do? You removed what blocked adjustment. Now just adjust.

If I'm missing something, please elucidate me.

I'm sure the screws are still embedded in the epoxy sealer and wont budge....yet. Maybe you'll get lucky and the will.

The fuel line and impulse line can be removed at the carb. Take the least amount of connections loose that you can. It's been awhile since I've done one but I think the carb came off with the air filter attachment as a unit, off the intake boot.

http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/dolmarpartslist995700021.pdf

Maybe this will will help.

So I got it off, cut the block, and removed every last drop of epoxy.

Here's the kicker... I removed both needles, together at the same time, and think (know) that one is longer than the other.

I put them back in (50/50 shot of getting them right !), got everything back together, and pulled the cord... For 2-3 seconds it ran, then died.

It will start if I hold the throttle down, but runs very rough & wont idle if I take my hand of the throttle.

Will watch those videos again to get a rough starting point, but thanks for the advice from fellow members here !

Cheers, John

* I'm looking for a Timberline sharpener if anyone has a used one for sale !

Adjust both needles to 1turn out. That should get you going and be able to adjust from there. If it won't stay running turn your idle up so it will and go from there.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk

It idles now, but it's getting late (9pm'ish) and the neighbors in my townhouse complex are already coming out to see "who's starting a dirtbike out here ?" :rolleyes:

I'll final-tune it tomorrow at work, where I may even have some wood to test it on whilst I tune !

BTW - I had the needles mixed-up... I lost that coin-toss ! :D

Thank you FordF150 ! But I've already got the needles free from their tomb...!

Bought a Timberline Chain Sharpener too, at the local Lee Valley Tools !

I love that store... Like a toy-store for grown men !

:hi:

I find the timerline a high price low result worthless expense. A fire wood guy could buy a life time supply of files for that price!

Thanks. At least it's not Epoxy.
Think I'll find a special tool. Still have 23 months of warranty.

It's a 2016 model BTW. Made in Germany for Europe market I guess. No Epoxy

Don't blame you on that...
You can find the right tool you need on eBay or contact fordf150, Nate might have them or strategy you toward the one you need.

O bucata de conducta de frina tesita usor pe un patent cu varf ascutit este cea mai accesibila . O scula tip surubelnita costa 60 lei pe Roco Piese. Nu umbla aiurea ca poti strica motorul. In nici un caz nu stringe suruburile de reglaj.

I know I'm double posting but... New video.. Keeping this thread alive

My Makita with a 18inch B&C..

You couldn't bring the old bar/chain back to life after trying to cut that brick in half?

Do you use that wood for firewood, or just outdoor type fires?

Latest posts

Back