• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Makita DCS 520i - $175l

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
This is a saw I picked up a while back that I had not done anything with. Pulled it out today and cleaned it up a bit and got it going. Compression is 160# and the piston and cylinder look good. Saw is complete and running, comes with a 20" Oregon bar and chain. Asking $175.00 plus the ride to your door from 40502.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I just got one of these that needs a bit of work. The antivibration rubber things are cracked and dried out to where they are worthless and need replacing. It needs a airfilter cause the one has no felt left and a few holes. Cosmetically its very ugly but turns smooth with 160+ compression and looks mechanically sound. The bar is rusty and was the moving part at the tip was locked up but now after using some wd moves descent and the chain is frozen solid plus has no life left on it. The exhaust port is clean and cylinder/ piston looks great. How much should it cost to get running and how worthwhile is doing this? It also has one of the bar bolts that is loose and comes out before the nut comes off. Threads in the body look okay to me still. The guy said its been sitting a couple years. The gas tank had varnish it looked like in it and the fuel lines had been cut and weren't connected to the carb. So the carb probably needs cleaning at a minimum. Fix it, sell it running, keep it, part it out, or box it up and wait till I need a saw to use? Any opinions please. I have next to no experience with any makita gas tools. I've heard its made by Dolmar and thats german so I am hoping its a good keeper I should fix up and make a mainstay chainsaw of mine. Also how many CC.'s is it? The bar looks like a 20 inch at a minimum which is a bout as long as I use much ever also. I restored a poulan wild thing a while ago and should have looked into what I was fixing up better since I now have a cheap saw that still has carb issues and 115-120 lbs compression plus leaks bar oil like crazy everywhere and has a gas cap that takes a wrench to take off and put back on otherwise it leaks. That one I am considering a lesson and part of the learning curve since time and parts I could have bought a better used one and put alot less time and effort in. I did learn tho. It feels and looks like quality to me but I am not all knowing? A shop told me 35 for a new air filter. That seems like a lot to charge and 4-6 dollars per rubber anti vibration part which I think it needs atleast 3 probably 4+. An where should I go to get the parts since I don't think there is any shops that sell that in Tucson where I am located? I am not selling it as is which cheap so please don't try. Thanks

Back