• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Makita ( Dolmar ) 6401 w/ Big Bore kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
NWP BB kit installed on a nice 6401 saw. It has a new fuel line/filter and a new impulse line. Nothing is missing or broken. I did open the transfers a little to compensate for the loss of transfer tunnel size due to the increased bore- this saw pulls very well. I took it out yesterday and noodled 20 blocks of dried oak and it never missed a beat. It cranks, idles and runs as it should. The piston and cylinder are perfect and don't have many hours. I originally built this saw about 4 years ago, but I bet it doesn't have 10 hours on it since.

The price is $350 plus the cost of the ride to your location.

Attachments

• 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 071.JPG
    071.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 072.JPG
    072.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 073.JPG
    073.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 51
Ok...will do as soon as I get to the house...a few hours and ice slickened roads away.

SWEET! If I miss it...I'll probably do some business with ya...craving a 70 plus cc under $400 for awhile now...btw what's the max bar this saw will pull effectively?

Latest posts

Back