Makita/Dolmar DCS6421 Done Right!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EB Saw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My Stihl Ms 441 burned recently in the Napa, Ca fires and i got a hold of Andy at West Hill Saw House and he built me up this beast. Full port job and muffler mod, everything that could be done was done. Nothing like insurance money to fund her;)

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_1860.JPG
    IMG_1860.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1861.JPG
    IMG_1861.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1862.JPG
    IMG_1862.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
I have a Makita 6421 with a B.B. kit on it(yeah I know)...absolutely love this saw....even before the B.B. kit it was a beast!dolmar does make some good saws!

I have a Makita 6421 with a B.B. kit on it(yeah I know)...absolutely love this saw....even before the B.B. kit it was a beast!dolmar does make some good saws!
...yep the aftermarket b/b.. or the 7 series factory kit is awesome ..and they are very nice stock also... ported even better...

How much you got into it? If you can test it against a MS461. It should cut as good or better, then you have it running right. I spent a lot of time on my exhaust and it looks like your small and a little long. What i did was start with a 3/8's hole and a unibit, the kept sizing up till it fell off. Then tacked my outlet tube, start long and cut. .100 at a time untill no gains. Mine spanks a 461, video link.

Back