Makita/Dolmar Future

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree F150 - and IMO you are seriously affecting my buying decision. You may be an awesome dealer, but bashing another dealer/service business is no way to promote your own. Shoestring has never, ever done me wrong on service. I see no reason to say the things that you do. They may not have sold many saws, but they do a TON of service on all makes and models. Again, I was merely fact checking and not creating a means for you to bash another business.
i stated facts of how long and when he was a dealer and that he was giving extremely false info out about a brand he hasnt been a dealer for in over a year. i didnt bash his business or his repair knowledge at all. I have only met the man once and only had a handful of his dolmar customers come in my shop for parts/repair work so bashing his business is not possible

I like both of you guys and have no dog in this fight. But F150 is right. A good salesman makes the sale by selling the strengths of his products/services and not by trying to discredit the competition. And especially not by spreading false info.

And I also think F150 was within his rights as a brand spokesman to respond to a untrue statement that was clearly meant to lead you away from the brand.

It's bashing dude. You could have stopped about 4 posts ago. I'm not buying a saw from you or any parts. What a shame.

I think the bottom line is the rumor you originally asked about has been identified as false. If you let 150's posts (that in my eyes weren't out of line) keep you from buying a Dolmar from him so be it. Every man makes his own decisions, just as he made the decision to discredit the original rumor.

Buy a big Dolmar from whoever you choose and cut happily into the sunset

:cheers:

A wife who doesn't question a new saw purchase.
I covered my butt there rather recently. I asked her to help me in the bidding process for a new saw (up for auction) and showed her the saw's specs. Then I showed her the other saws in the same class that were all priced higher. We got the saw for $35 less that what I was willing to pay if need be. That helped. I also explained that I had a couple of potential buyers lined up who were licking their chops to buy it from me.

This is all part of what marketers call cognitive dissonance reduction. Buying anything new generates cognitive dissonance, both before the purchase and after it's on board. You have to live with it somehow and the higher the unit price, usually the more dissonance that is created and the more that then has to be reduced. Whenever we tell a guy who posts his new saw that he did good, the better he feels because the dissonance is reduced.

However, nothing reduces dissonance more than a saw that starts and runs well and lives up to the buyer's expectations. This Makita 6401 does all that. It's only flaw is that now and then it poops bar oil when it sits a long time, but that's not consistent. It might just be the O-ring cap that needs a new ring, but I've never quite been able to trace it.

Back