• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Makita Dolmar muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backtroller

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a muffler for my 6421. I want a used one with a Cat (that I will remove). I don't want to mess up the current one on the saw. I hope that someone has a nice clean one they'd sell.

I'd consider a non cat version too if the price is right.

Are you still looking for one? I have a brand new oem SLR one I immediately switched out for a non cat when I got my 6400.

I did remove the cat on mine and it turned out really nice. I had my doubts about the final product and that was why I was looking for another invade I failed. I really don't need it but how much are you looking to get for it?

I was gonna do the same but scored a non cat from the dealer for $50 so I would like to break even at least. Baileys price is $100 which seems steep. What are they worth?

Is it even worthwhile to crack my non cat and open it up?

No idea what they go for since no one wants the cat version. There are a few posts on how to do it. I posted not to long ago and listed a couple of the guys names who had some good photos. I found that you need a torch to get it red hot and I used a little hobby nippers to peel the seam open. Just open two sides and pull the cat. Re heat and re crimp. It didn't take very long to do it. Search for 6421 muffler or cat.

If you took it apart neatly and posted it here someone would probably pay you $50 for it.

Would it even be worthwhile to open up my non cat some or do they breathe enough already. Thanks Wildo.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg This is what was in mine. The site is goofed up again. I got and error too. Try again in a few hours. Search under "backtroller".

I did open up the outlet behind the screen a little too. There is a baffle that I cut out too between the two center muffler bolts. I don't have a photo of that Though. I would think that if you made it into a big bore it would help but I am not sure how much improvement it is on a 64cc saw. Might want to post the question.

I'd try asking Nate from performance outdoor equipment. He goes by fordf150 here

Back