Makita EA5000PREL starter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboymoe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I really like this saw but really despise the spring assisted starter. Is there a replacement starter that doesn't have the spring assist ? Any help would be appreciated.

I really like this saw but really despise the spring assisted starter. Is there a replacement starter that doesn't have the spring assist ? Any help would be appreciated.
Why don't you like it? My 6100 has it and it's the easiest starting saw I have. I didn't like it at first because I always drop started my saws and it doesn't like that. I hold it between my legs and a slow easy pull is all it takes. Have you taken the starter off to see if the spring can be removed or deactivated. I've never had it off mine so I don't know what it looks like inside.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

If you can find a 5100 or 510 recoil cover and flywheel pawls you should be able to get it done. I have a 5105, same saw as yours, with a non easy start set up. Works just fine.

Latest posts

Back