Makita version of Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many people convert the Makita 6400's to be 7900's

The Dolmar dealer told me he can't even get a new 7900 to sell. Says they won't pass emissions. Darn EPA #@@#$

The Dolmar dealer told me he can't even get a new 7900 to sell. Says they won't pass emissions. Darn EPA #@@#$

There are some still around just have to look a little harder.... although surely the price went up when they couldn't import them anymore:bang:

i think i read somewhere that they offer the bigger models in markets outside of the u.s.

I bought my DCS-7901 from a hardware store in UK last summer. They still advertise them on Ebay/UK, but the European price might not impress an US customer... A used 6400/6401 and an upgrade p&c from Baileys is probably the way to go.

Don't bet on getting a 7900 top end for it unless they have some stashed for the 6401 upgrade saws. I ordered 2 7900 P&C's last week they cancelled my order. This was Dec.3 freeship and on sale for $169.95. Doesn't matter if they were a $ if they don't have them. Real disappointed to say the least. The OEM 7900 comes very highly recommended over the BBK. Got 2 saws to upgrade New Makita 6400 and a New Solo 665. The 7900 P&C will work on the Solo makes it a 681 just use the 1.5mm cyl. gasket
Shep

Last edited:
Back