mall 7h mall 10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdd52

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi folks i'm looking to buy a carb.for a mall 7h and a muffler cover or complete muffler for a mall 10. coils/points/condenser for both thank you for looking

I may be of assistance for your mall 7.

Carb: I have one that will fit, however, it would not come with the float or the miniscule spring under the float shaft. I could clean it up or let it go dirty.

Points: Good Luck. You wont find them, as long as your are not missing you will have to CAREFULLY file/sand them and re-gap them appropriately.

Condensor: Again, Good Luck. You will not find a direct replacement, and if you do, please let me know!!!! Seriously! It has a Bendix-Scintlla magneto, however different components from the mercury saws and outboards of the day despite that ignition systems somewhat interchangability. I have been meaning to try a new condensor on my mall 6 from a mercury outboard bendix ignition system, it is the same diameter however shorter.

Coil: Buy parts saws and hope for a good one for the Mall. The coils for this Bendix ignition are larger than the ones on the Mercs and i do not believe they are available.

All in all, File your points and gap them, and you will likely have spark. If you still dont, swap condensor and really scour for anything grounding like the hokey kill switch wires, and the hi-tension lead from the coil. Good luck with this and let me know if i can be of assistance. PS. if you are going to work on these types of things be ready to make your own parts when replacements are unavailable.

Latest posts

Back