Man dies while trimming tree.12-18-03

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe how the ground crews I deal with so casually walk under the crane load. I yell at them to get out from under it, but the just look at me like I'm stupid.
It's like they think straps or cranes NEVER fail. And tag lines on the load? They don't know what that is, or they say it takes too long to 'do it'.
They take twice as long loading logs with straps, instead of using sharp tongs. But I guess thats because they like to hang out under the load and watch the log spin. They wouldn't feel as 'safe' using tongs, I suppose.
I look down and watch them, and long for the days when I worked with a GOOD CREW.
Oh well, thats why I get in and get out as fast as possible, and leave them to their ways. Stupid crap like that is exactly why I'm a prima donna climber. I would break someones neck if I had to hang out with them all day! :angry:

:)

Eagle1, I drop thousand pound plus logs on lawns all the time. It all depends on the particular job. Some you can, and some you can't.

Back