Maple Leaf Spots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I have a maple in my backyard (zone 6b) which has leaves that are starting to get brown spots and die. This doesn't seem to be severe (yet) but is spread pretty evenly throughout the whole tree. It's far too early for fall here, so I'm worried that something may be wrong with the tree.

Some background: I don't know how old the tree is, but it's fairly well established and about 50 ft tall. It's been really rainy and humid here for the last few months, with temperatures in the upper 80s. I've had a mole problem around the base of the tree, although I doubt that would effect anything. Kids also climb it sometimes and break branches.

I did some research, and it looks to me like it could be Verticillium Wilt or Anthracnose but I don't know how to tell the difference. Here's a closeup picture of the leaves:Tree.jpg

Thanks for any help or advice!

Anthracnose on Norway maple, it's late in the year don't worry about it. Leaf litter sanitation and a good proper pruning would be beneficial.

Latest posts

Back