Market Report

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After reading Avalanchers' hacks thread, took at look to see the current prices in the area.

My area Craigslist for the last few days:
All hardwoods.
Seasoned cords, delivered:
$190
$225
$200
$235
$175 (12"-14" pieces)
$175 ("approx. a cord, a few pieces off"...gee that gives me warm fuzzies for someone delivering)
$190
$200
$200
$200 + $25 to stack

Green cords, delivered:
$160
$150
$100 (unsplit, plus unspecified delivery charge)

Green, slabwood (oak & maple); 4 to 8' lengths you pickup
$100

Worcester, MA:
(Worcester's odd...I'd say the north and west parts of the county are even more wooded then Eastern CT...but you definitely are starting to be influenced by the Boston area prices)
Seasoned cords, delivered:
"Call"
$240, free delivery in town, $10 for each town passed through thereafter
$250
$200
$250
$225
$200
$225
16 cords for $3500...and the log splitter is included. :D

Green cords, delivered:
$175
$100 per 1/2 cord (sounds like that's his pickup's capacity)
$200
$125 Log Length

10 cords Ash free, you cut & pickup, Asian Longhorn Beetle quarantine zone...so it can't be moved out.*

Boston:
Seasoned cord:
$250
$295
$250
$250
...well you get the idea :)

* More about the ALB: Asian Longhorned Beetles - FAQs & Information | City of Worcester, MA
All firewood inside the regulated area is restricted and cannot be taken out regardless of species. Both host and non host trees that have been processed into firewood may be sold to other residents for use inside the regulated area. Wood from sources outside the regulated area is allowed to be brought in, however once inside this wood must also remain for the use only within the regulated area. Anyone selling firewood must attend a Compliance Training Session and sign a compliance agreement with the ALB Program.

The fines start at $1000.

In West Michigan on CL I am finding any were from $120-185 a cord.

I was at a church auction the other weekend and a ric went for $300 delivered:rock:

A lot of ads

--too many adds in my area to post all of them. It is running around 120-200 once you wade through "truckload" and so on, and stacked/not stacked, etc. A lot of 1/3rd cord operators, have to be a heaped up pickup load there.

We had so much tornado and storm damage the past year, plus the economy is worsening so fast, there's a lot of sellers. You see stacks sitting out by the road all over still, people just looking to sell whatever they had to cleanup it appears. Heck, still a lot of trees down that haven't been touched, or only the branches taken. And stumps all over, I guess folks don't care to pay to have those ground down, just let 'em rot.

Anecdotal at the local husky shop. He told me this year was wall to wall chainsaws and repairs all through the summer, when normally that drops off fast after winter.

Lots of internet ads for cheaper and even "free" wood. Most people are smart enough to realize that craigslist is full of scammers. If it sounds too good to be true it is usually a scam. I manage to sell out every year at prices far above the so called deals on craigslist. Sometimes there are good deals on there. A couple of weeks ago i bought 1.5 cords on Kijiji ( similar to craigslist) for 300 and resold it for 525 an hour later. The guy even helped me load my dump trailer.

It is cold today,a good day for THE FIRE GIRLS GOBL-GOBL- GOBL - $185 ((icyhot firewood)))
Date: 2011-11-24, 9:35AM EST
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
Nothing better then a hot fire and hot fire girl on a cold berrrr day - $175 (icyhot firewood))

It is cold today,a good day for THE FIRE GIRLS the girls have
Oak, big ash, and cherry, great and clean, please call for a quick delivery.
split and seasoned firewood
$200 full cord Andy for half cord $150
1 hour delivery
.................... THE GIRLS WILL STACK FOR FREE .............., please call and ask about our multiple cord discounts. call 202-278-936
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 0 image 1
image 2 image 3
see link here for picutres It is cold today,a good day for THE FIRE GIRLS GOBL-GOBL- GOBL

Yiihaaa

Bet the pictures in the add sells! Could easy ask for 300 a cord! These girls are for sure stacked and loaded. Also seems like well insulated as well.

Motorsen

I figured since I fell for it and am now scared for life, you should all suffer too....:yoyo:

Latest posts

Back