marking chainsaw parts/ parts changers??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havvey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is this marking saw parts with a some type of pen?? When they are sold online. I know there were issues on firearms and internet sales with parts changers but saws??:bowdown:

you can sell someone a perfectly good saw...they will than take good parts they need for their own saw, replace them with the bad parts they have, than contact you and return the saw saying it has bad parts......YES, it does happen.

Some use a pen you can only see under a black light. Pretty low when someone trys to cheat you out of good parts like that. Just put as is no returns on sales.

imediately after shipping a saw, I'll send tracking number, then "state pic's have been taken and parts marked in obscure places. feedback will not be posted until they post theirs first. which should be excellent because saw shipped is exactly as described. if you have any issues please let me know."

clear comunications will usually ward off parts changers...

parts

I agree some sellers are poor comunicators I try to send a message or 2 on the status:buttkick: :fart:

while not foolproof, demonstrating you are a pro at selling saws will ward off casual whiners and rip-off changers.

top of the list is communicating exactly what you are offering and how you do business. how hard is it to imediately sending a tracking number after shipping?

having been on flip-side of large transactions, it's much apreciated getting a tracking number upon shipment. then you have the option of tracking via web.

Back